Health & Safety
It is the policy of Kennedy Haulage to ensure that all practical steps will be taken to ensure the health, safety and welfare of its employees and the protection of others not in its employ, who have legitimate reasons for being on or about company premises.
Kennedy Haulage recognises its statutory obligations to maintain standards of safety for all its employees in every aspect of their work in relation to haulage equipment and workplaces and for continually maintaining its initiative to ensure that these obligations are fulfilled. it is considered essential in the interest of all employees, that they should observe and maintain the safety standards as laid down in this Policy.
Kennedy Haulage also recognises its obligations to members of the public, contractors and visitors and will ensure that measures, where necessary, will be taken to maintain their health and safety. Management and staff will be required to co-operate to maintain the health and safety at work of the workforce by observation of agreed practices and procedures for improved standards of protection for all persons using the company's premises. Health and Safety procedures must be regarded as a mutual objective for management and employees at all levels.
Therefore Kennedy Haulage management will:
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 2005 and all subsequent and relevant statutory requirements
- Carry out suitable risk assessments of all and tasks carried out (to include risk from noise, manual handling and exposure to chemicals and substances etc)
- Provide and maintain safe means of access and egress from all premises and locations
- Provide safety training, information and instruction as required for all employees, visitors and contractors etc, as appropriate
- Provide all necessary safety devices, protective equipment and supervise their useMaintain a constant and continuing interest in all aspects of safety, in particular by introducing and monitoring safety procedures, and involving employees or their representatives wherever possible